Conditions of Ticket Purchase and Entry to the Event
Oktoberfest in the Gardens (the “Event”) is presented by Nokturnl Events Pty Ltd (ACN 148 876 466) (the “Promoter”). These conditions apply to all tickets issued by the Promoter, the authorised ticket reseller Moshtix, and any other reseller of authorised tickets to the Event, including complimentary tickets and door list attendees. Authorised tickets will gain the holder access to the venue at which the event is held (the “Venue”), and by doing so the ticketholder agrees to these conditions, conditions imposed by the Venue and conditions imposed by the ticketing provider, Moshtix. All conditions are to be read in conjunction with other statements and directives made by the Promoter.
AGE RESTRICTIONS (18+)
This event is classified as 18+ and you will be asked to present a legal and approved form of identification at the Event entry. The only acceptable forms of identification are a current Australian driver’s license (international driver’s licenses won’t be accepted), state approved ‘Proof of Age’ card or a valid Passport.
At the point of entry, you are required to present your ticket and matching legal form of identification such as a current Australian driver’s license, “Proof of Age” card or valid Passport. If you are unable to print your ticket(s), you can present the electronic version of the ticket which can be scanned on your mobile or tablet device, or displayed on iPhones using the Passbook application. The name on your ticket must match the name on your photographic identification.
A wristband will be fitted to all approved ticket holders at the event entry, and this wristband remains the property of the Promoter at all times. Any wristbands removed or tampered with will be deemed invalid. Any patron inside the Venue and not displaying a wristband will be deemed trespassing and removed from the Venue.
If lost or misplaced, tickets will not be reissued, and hence should be treated like cash.
DRUGS & ALCOHOL WARNING
Oktoberfest in the Gardens holds patron safety in the highest regard, and has a strict no tolerance approach to drugs and other illicit substances at or near the Event or Venue. We cannot express highly enough how dangerous drug use is, so please don’t take the risk at this Event, or ever. Police and trained sniffer dogs may be present at the events, and any patron found in position of illicit substances will be reported to the police.
Alcohol is available for purchase and your enjoyment at the Event, however we ask you to be aware of your limits and consume responsibly. Don’t drink and drive.
A patron deemed by event staff to be intoxicated will be ejected from the Event and Venue, and/or refused entry to the Event and Venue. Alcohol must not be brought in to or removed from the Venue under any circumstances.
Whilst at the event your safety and the safety of others is our primary concern, so please stay hydrated, protected from the sun and consume alcohol responsibly. We engage qualified first aid officers who are there to help in a medical situation or emergency, and by attending the Event you consent to the qualified first aid providers accessing medical information and treating you as required.
BAG & PERSONAL SEARCH
A condition of entry to the Event is that all bags will be searched at security checkpoints prior to entry. If deemed appropriate we reserve the right to conduct a physical search of persons, their clothing and/or other possessions. We also reserve the right to employ the use of metal detectors if required. Prohibited items as outlined below may be confiscated at the Event entry.
The following items are strictly prohibited from entering the Event and Venue;
- Drugs and other illicit substances.
- Food and beverages of any kind, excluding those required for medical reasons.
- Glass, including bottles.
- Animals, unless required for visual assistance or by police.
- Firearms, knives, or any other object that could be classified as a weapon.
- Sporting equipment.
- Chairs, umbrellas or any other temporary shelter.
- Unauthorised promotional material.
- Unauthorised photography and filming equipment.
- Unauthorised political, religious or offensive items, including clothing.
- Glow sticks, flares and fireworks.
- Clothing, jewellery or any other accessory associated with outlawed criminal gang.
Prohibited items will be confiscated by the Promoter, and reported to police if unlawful. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the safekeeping of confiscated items.
NO PASS OUTS
There is a strict ‘No Pass Out’ policy at the Event, unless in the case of an emergency whereby security and event staff will assist.
REFUNDS AND REISSUES (NAME CHANGES)
If you or your guests are unable to attend, the ability to re-issue (change the name on your ticket) or offer your ticket for re-sale (sell your ticket onto an anonymous buyer) may be available for a nominated fee per ticket but is at the discretion of the Promoter and may be subject to change. To check if either service is available, log into your Moshtix account after you have purchased the ticket(s). Should ticket re-issues be available these will close approximately 48 hours prior to event start time. Should tickets be available to be offered for re-sale these cannot be guaranteed to be resold. There are no refunds or exchanges on any ticket except as required by and/or specified by the Live Performance Australia Industry Code of Practice.
It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for unauthorised re-sale, on 3rd party websites such as Ebay or Gumtree. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
FILMING & PHOTOGRAPHY
Filming or photography by unauthorised personnel is strictly prohibited and doing so will result in the unauthorised person being evicted from the event. The use of smart phone or small handheld cameras is permissible and encouraged.
By entering the Event you agree and consent to filming and photography by approved personnel, the content of which may later be used commercially for adverting, marketing or promotional purposes in Australia and abroad.
STAGE DIVING, CLIMBING & MOSHING
Stage diving, moshing, climbing and crowd surfing is dangerous and strictly prohibited. Any patron in breach of these conditions will likely be ejected from the event.
Dedicated entry lanes and toilets will be available for those in need, please contact the Promoters for more information.
Entry to the Event and Venue is at your own risk, and by entering you acknowledge that there may be certain risks by attending the Event, including but not limited to, large crowds, amusement rides and loud music.
The Promoter will not be responsible with any loss or injury associated with attendance to the event, unless in the case of negligence by the Promoter.
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any loss or injury associated with amusement rides operated by a third party contractor at the Event.
Gaining access to back of house and other unauthorised areas is strictly prohibited, and doing so will result in eviction from the event. Access to these areas is restricted for safety reasons, including, but not limited to, machinery movements, storage of dangerous substances and trip hazards.
Some sub-areas within the venue have set capacities (i.e. beer hall marquee), and purchase of your ticket to the Event does not guarantee entry to all of these sub-areas if at capacity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
By entering the Event and Venue, you agree not do the following at the Event, or in and around the Venue.
Cause damage to property, whether it property of the Promoter, Promoters contractor, Event, Venue or another patron attending the Event.
Throw or attempt to throw any projectile, including but not limited to, steins, cans, bottles, coasters, furniture and prizes won at the event.
Use indecent, obscene or offensive language, and/or threatening or violent behaviour towards any other person attending or working at the event.
Smoke in a non-smoking area.
Interfere or obstruct the Promoter or its staff and contractors whilst attempting to undertake their responsibilities, both in emergency and general operational situations.
Breaches of this code of conduct will generally result in the patron being evicted from the Event.
EMERGENCY & EVACUATION
In the case of an emergency situation, the Promoter reserves the right to stop or pause the Event and evacuate the Event and Venue, either temporarily or permanently. For the safety of yourself and others at the event, please co-operate with and follow instructions of the Promoter, event staff and security.
In the event of extreme weather and/or another force majeure event, including but not limited to, an act of God, sabotage, terrorism, national emergency, natural disaster, fire, riot, government intervention, power shortage or equipment breakdown, the Event, or sections within the Event may need to be cancelled, terminated early, delayed or changed at the Promoters discretion. In such a situation, the Promoter makes no promises that your ticket to the Event will enable you to experience any particular advertised part of the event for any particular duration.
In the case of a complete cancellation, the purchaser may be entitled to a complete refund (excluding credit card fees) at the Promoters discretion. If you are entitled to a refund you must cancel the ticketing reseller within 14 days of the cancelled event and proof of purchase will be required for authenticity.
The name ‘Oktoberfest in the Gardens’, associated logo, artwork and other marketing material is the sole property of the Promoter and cannot be used by an external party without prior written consent from the Promoter.
WIN A TRIP TO EUROPE PRIZE
How to enter:
There are multiple ways to enter the competition.
- Facebook- to enter the competition through Facebook, eligible persons will need to head to the official Oktoberfest in the Gardens Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/OktoberfestInTheGardens and find the competition post/posts. Persons will be entered into the draw by both “Share” the posts and “Tag” their friends in the comment section. One entry to the draw will be given per post.
- Instagram- to enter the competition through Instagram, eligible persons will need to head to the official Oktoberfest in the Gardens Instagram account @OktoberfestAU and find the competition post/posts. Persons will be entered into the draw by both “Following” @OktoberfestAU, “Like” the post/s and “Comment/Tag” their friends in the comment section. One entry to the draw will be given per post.
- Attend the event. All persons attending the event in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney will go into the draw.
- Participation- event attendees will also get another opportunity to win by participating in the SCOOT Oktoberfest in the Gardens Dodgeball Championships.
- To be eligible for the prize, persons must reside in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney and be able to travel from those cities on the relevant dates in 2019.
- Prizes are subject to SCOOT and BUSABOUT terms and conditions outlined below. These are also able to be emailed out on request and will be forwarded on to the winners.
- Three prizes will be drawn all on Wednesday 31 October 2018 and announced on our Facebook page. Winners may also be contacted be email or phone.
- The first prize drawn will be for Perth, followed by Melbourne and Sydney.
- All valid entries will be added to the competition database and allocated a unique number.
- The prize draw will be completed using a random function on Microsoft Excel.
SCOOT FLIGHT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- What do I have?
Your prize is 02 Economy "FlyBagEat" return tickets from Perth;Melbourne;Sydney (one per departing city drawn) to Berlin; on Scoot-operated flights only. Interline or multi-city flights are not permitted.
Please refer to item 10. Full Terms and Conditions for details.
- How can I redeem my free tickets?
Once you have your plans ready, please write to Goodies@flyscool.com at least 30 days in advance of your intended departure date using the subject header "I'm the Oktoberfest In The Gardens 2018 — MEL FLYBAGEAT Winner" and include a copy of this letter, your preferred travel dates* and the followinq details in your email:
- Last Name (Surname) as per passport
- First Name (Given Name) as per passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Country of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Home Address
- Contact Number (Mobile and Home/Business)
Please note that if you do not sufficiently provide the details required as stated above, there may be a delay in the processinq of your bookinq, for which Scoot will not be responsible. The Goodies Team will respond to your email within 10 working days (or earlier) to assist with your booking. Please do not send multiple email requests as that will result in your email being sent to the end of the response queue; the Goodies Team responds to email in the order it was received. You will receive a redemption confirmation email after your booking has been completed. To secure your booking, please email the Goodies Team early as seats are subject /o availability and not guaranteed until payment is received in full and an itinerary receipt is emailed to you. For flight schedule/ timing, refer to FlyScoot.com. Due to the volume of redemptions the Goodies Team has to process daily, the team will not be able to entertain scheduling enquiries.
- I have made my flight booking; can I change +v flight timing/date or traveler details? All free tickets once redeemed/ booked may not be changed, cancelled, refunded or credited towards other flights. If you have received return tickets as your prize, but have only redeemed/booked a one-way journey or for one (01) passenger, your return ticket becomes void for further use; you must book both flights in one itinerary. Similarly, if you have received tickets for two (2) or more passengers as your prize, and have only redeemed/booked flights for some but not all passengers, the remaining ticket(s) become void for further use; you must book flights for all passengers in one itinerary.
- Why can’t I redeem my tickets online?
Scoot's online booking system currently does not allow free ticket redemptions. All free ticket redemptions are managed by The Goodies Team at Goodies@flyscool.com.
- Can I redeem my tickets through Scoot Call Centre?
No. You may only redeem your tickets through GoodiesOfIyscoot.com.
- Where can I find more information on fares, fees and conditions of carriage?
Please visit FlyScoot.com.
- Are there any extra costs that I will have to pay?
Your ticket includes the cost of air fare, taxes, 20kg check in baggage allowance and one (01) standard meal per passenger only. Yov will have to pay for all required surcharge, as well as any and all ancillary products and services including, but not limited to, travel insurance, extra baggage, meal upgrade, payment processing fees, etc.
- Are the tickets transferable?
Tickets are strictly non-transferable, and will be void if bartered, exchanged, bought or sold.
- Can I purchase additional tickets?
You may purchase additional tickets at FIyScoot.com if required. Purchase of additional tickets is subject to availability. However, in all cases where additional tickets are required, please confirm your redemption tickets first, because we cannot guarantee that your redemption seats will be on the same flight as your purchased seats. Scoot will not be responsible for any loss or inconvenience in the event that the purchased seats and redemption seats cannot be booked on the same flight/itinerary.
- Full Terms and Conditions ("terms and conditions”)
- You will be entitled to 02 Economy "FlyBagEat" return tickets from Melbourne to Berlin on Scoot- operated flights only. Interline or multi-city flights are not permitted.
- The tickets are not eligible for Economy “Fly", Economy “FlyBag" or ScootBiz. You will not be able to upgrade your ticket(s) to ScootBiz during booking. Subject to availability, you may do so at check-in or on-board, in which case you will have to pay any applicable upgrade fees/charges.
- The tickets include the cost of air fare, taxes, 20kg check in baggage allowance and one (01) standard meal per passenger only.
- The tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer mileage accrual and cannot be used in conjunction with any other upgrade awards.
- Where you have received more than one (1) ticket as your prize, all tickets may only be redeemed for passengers travelling on the same itinerary/flights. All passengers must travel together on the entire itinerary. Separate bookings and open-jaw travel are not permitted.
- Passengers shall be responsible to ensure that they have all necessary visa and any other travel documents/ approval(s).
- If you have received return tickets as your prize, but have only redeemed/booked a one-way journey or for one (01) passenger, your return ticket becomes void for further use; you must book both flights in one itinerary. Similarly, if you have received tickets for two (2) or more passengers as your prize, and have only redeemed/booked flights for some but not all passengers, the remaining ticket(s) become void for further use; you must book flights for all passengers in one itinerary.
- Your tickets must be redeemed at least thirty (30) days before the departure date of your preferred flight.
- Travel must be completed no later than 13 OCT 19. Extension is not permitted and request(s) for extension will not be entertained.
- Travel is subject to availability of seats for redemption and on a first-come•first-served basis. Seats available for redemption are limited and separate from seats available for commercial purchase, i.e. if a seat is available for a given flight on FlyScoot.com or our Call Centre, it may not necessarily be available for redemption. Seats are not available for redemption during blackout periods which also includes the following dates:
- 25 Nov 18 – 10 Feb 19
- 05 Apr 19 – 29 Apr 19
- 15 Jun 19 – 25 Aug 19
- 19 Sep 19 – 13 Oct 19
- Scoot does not accept any responsibility in the event that you are unable to book a redemption
flight or unable to travel.
- Once booked, flight(s) may not be changed, re-routed, cancelled, refunded or credited toward
other flights for any reason whatsoever. Name change is also not permitted.
- Ancillary products and services (e.g. travel insurance, extra baggage, etc.), excluding meals,
may be added up to 4 hours before departure through the "Manage My Booking" tool on
FlyScoot com, or by contacting our Call Centre. Meals may only be added up to 72 hours before
- You have to pay all required airport/ government taxes, charges and carrier surcharge, as well as
any and all ancillary products and services including, but not limited to, travel insurance, extra
baggage, excess baggage, payment processing fees, etc.
- Full payment, if any, must be made within 48 hours of the issuance of the redemption
confirmation email. Extension is not permitted and reminders will not be sent. Failure to make
payment within the stipulated time frame will result in the tickets being forfeited and booking
being cancelled. In such an event, you will not be allowed to re-book/redeem your prize ticket(s).
Scoot may, at its sole discretion and subject to seat availability, reinstate the cancelled booking
at an administrative fee of SGD$100.00 (or equivalent) per passenger.
- All payment must be made using American Express, Visa or MasterCard only. Payment through
AXS, POLi, Alipay or any other methods are not valid and constitutes a breach of the terms and
conditions and will result in your booking being cancelled without any refund.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable, and will be void if bartered, exchanged, bought or sold.
- Prize tickets have no cash value. No cash or credit alternative will be offered if the
tickets are not redeemed.
- Scoot reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions without notice, at
- Scoot also reserves the right to cancel your booking, even if payment has been made, in the event of any breach of the terms and conditions and you will forfeit the prize and any payment made without refund, and you acknowledge that Scoot has no liability to you.
- All travel pursuant to prize tickets shall be subject to Scoot’s prevailing terms and conditions, policies, regulations and conditions of carriage as may be set out in the respective prize tickets or such other document evidencing the same, unless expressly notified otherwise by Scoot.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the terms set out herein and in Scoot’s prevailing terms and conditions, policies, regulations and conditions of carriage on the one hand, and any terms and conditions issued by the organiser of the competition/event/activity through which you won the prize ticket(s) on the other hand, the terms of the former shall prevail.
- By submitting a redemption request, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
BUSABOUT & OKTOBERFEST IN THE GARDENS – PRIZE DETAILS
For each Oktoberfest in the Gardens event (PER/MEL/SYD), Busabout will provide
the following prize:
Two (2) x Europe Hop-on Hop-off Unlimited passes
- Your fantastic Busabout guide
- Unlimited access to the Europe Hop-on Hop-off network from
May – October
- VALUE: $1,599 per person
- TOTAL VALUE: $3,198
Two (2) x Busabout Oktoberfest Hostel trips – opening weekend 2019
- Your fantastic Busabout crew
- 3 nights’ accommodation
- 3 breakfasts
- Orientation walk of Munich
- Busabout festival t-shirt
- VALUE: $799 per person
- TOTAL VALUE: $1,598
TOTAL PRIZE PACKAGE VALUE PER EVENT: $4,796
BUSABOUT – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is Busabout, HAGGiS & Shamrocker Adventures, ABN 18 002 525 340, 35 Grafton Street, Bondi Junction, NSW, 2022, Australia (“Promoter”)
- For each Oktoberfest in the Gardens event (PER/MEL/SYD), Busabout will provide one major prize winner and their travelling companion with the following.
- Two (2) x Europe Hop-on Hop-off Unlimited Passes.
- Please note Hop-on Hop-off passes do not include accommodation.
- b. Two (2) x Busabout Oktoberfest Hostel trips
- Two (2) x Europe Hop-on Hop-off Unlimited Passes.
- Departure date for Hop-on Hop-off passes is subject to availability.
- Prize winner and travelling companion must travel on the same departure date and itinerary for the entirety of their prize pass.
- Once the winner has confirmed acceptance of their prize in a reply email, Scoot will notify the Promoter within 2 business days. Promoter will contact winner with instructions on how to claim prize.
- Prize is valid for use in 2019 only.
- All prize dates must be confirmed by prize winner and travel companion with promoter by 1 st August 2019.
- If the trip is not booked by the redemption period end date of 1 st August 2019, the prize will be forfeited, and no replacement prize will be given.
- In the event that for any reason a prize winner does not book the whole part of a prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that part of the prize will be forfeited by the prize winner. Neither cash nor other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of the forfeited whole or part of the prize.
- Prize winner and travel companion must be residents of Australia and 18 years of age or over at time trip departs and must have at least six (6) months validity on passports
- Any alterations to confirmed booking and will be at the expense of the winner.
- The Busabout prizes offered are subject to normal booking terms and conditions. Please see Busabout Europe 2019 brochure or refer to www.busabout.com for full booking terms and conditions. Cancellation and change fees apply.
- All other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. Spending money, Hop-on Hop-off accommodation, add-ons, additional taxes, insurance, transfers, items of a personal nature, visas, inoculations, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs not mentioned in prize inclusions are not included.
- Prizes are non-transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party, as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If a prize is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of the prize except for liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The promoter reserves the right to announce or publish the winner’s name and/or photograph for publicity purposes.